Now Hiring! Join Our Team Today
Mold. Just the word makes you kind of cringe inside. No Snoqualmie Pass home or business owner ever wants to hear the word ‘mold‘ used in a restaurant, at a daycare, or the salon, and definitely not in your own house. There are usually negative connotations with mold and for good reason too. Now, this isn’t to say that mold never has a place in this world, it does, but definitely not in your house. So the big question is, how does mold get there?
Mold naturally grows and outside it has a major role in breaking down dead matter such as fallen leaves. While its role outside can be helpful, indoors it can be very harmful. Mold reproduces through tiny spores that unfortunately are not seen by the naked eye. They travel by the airflow outside and inside. When these spores land on wet surfaces, they have found the perfect space for growth. Mold cannot grow without moisture.
Inside our homes, there are spaces that are perfect for mold to grow, especially in a place like Snoqualmie Pass where snow and other moist weather conditions are common. It’s important to be aware of these spots and how to prevent them from being moist for an extended period of time. Common culprit areas include bathrooms where condensation may occur after a hot shower, air conditioner pans where condensation may occur, and anywhere where there may have been a water leak or spill.
With the knowledge that mold grows in damp, moist areas, the major preventative measure would be to rid your home of damp, moist areas. When a spill or leak occurs, act quickly and dry it fast. If the problem is resolved within one to two days, mold will generally not begin to grow. Be sure to prevent condensation by using fans in bathrooms while the shower or hot water is running.
Check air conditioners for condensed water and be sure to dry the area quickly as well. Keep indoor humidity low whenever possible. It can also be very helpful to keep air moving throughout your home. This can help prevent condensation in areas. You can do this by opening doors or windows and using fans when necessary. Taking these preventative steps can save you from costly mold removal further down the road.
All the preventative measures are good but sometimes mold just finds a way in a spot that allows it to grow. If you do notice mold in your home, again acting fast is the best way to go about it. Mold can be problematic for your health and the more it grows the harder it will be to rid your house of it.
Mold removal can be difficult for someone who doesn’t know much about it. However, there are mold removal professionals, like those at Clean Image Services, Inc., who have the proper knowledge and tools to remove the mold and create yet another healthy environment in your home. By getting professional help in mold removal, steps can also be taken to make sure that mold doesn’t come back.