This is the blog of Clean Image Services. Check here for the latest information from our team and for information on cleaning & damage restoration tips & services.
1. Dust off your Vacuum and put it to use
- Vacuum often- at least 2 times/week. Very high traffic areas should be vacuumed daily.
- Check your bag or soil catch often. Replace bags frequently to ensure stronger vacuum. Take a moment to make sure that your machine really is pulling air through the head!
- Go beyond doing the minimum! Make several passes over the carpet to get the best results.
- Find out if your machine is CRI Certified which factors in health, efficiency, and effectiveness. If it isn’t, find a Certified one you like and start budgeting for it!
- Interesting Vacuuming Fact: Did you know that a 150 pound person vacuuming for 30 minutes burns around 125 calories?
(See for yourself at: http://www.fitwatch.com/phpscripts/viewexercise.php?descr=vacuuming&mets=3.5)
2. Kick off your shoes
Wearing shoes in the house can track in a host of unwanted intruders. To name a few - dirt particles, grease, asphalt residue, pesticides, herbicides, animal feces, viruses, or bacteria. One of the things we notice most in our part of Washington is small gravel. Sometimes, it even gets tracked up the stairs into the furthest bedroom closet!
3. Entry Mats/Runners
It is said that good fences make good neighbors. A clean, maintained welcome mat is the same value to you and your carpet as the fence is to the neighbor! Additionally, the majority of tracked-in debris is caught in the first 15 feet of your entrance. Therefore, if you don’t already have an entry runner in place, keep your eyes open for an affordable one and buy it. What better way would there be to protect your entry area/carpet?