Now Hiring! Join Our Team Today
Many homeowners have experienced the stress of finding water damage in their homes. Many things can lead to water damage from burst pipes, faulty appliances, poor ventilation, and overflowing faucets. If you find water damage and do not think it is a serious problem, you may be tempted to leave it until a more convenient time. But water damage should always be taken seriously and not left to worsen.
Here are four reasons why you need to take care of your water damage immediately.
If you have water damage, mold has likely started to grow. Mold can begin to form in as little as 24 hours after water damage occurs. You may see spores forming in your home or notice a musty odor that was not there before. Mold is toxic and should not be allowed to remain in your home as it can affect your health. Mold can cause respiratory issues and is highly hazardous, especially for those who are immunocompromised or have existing respiratory problems such as asthma. But mold can also be challenging to remove altogether because it will grow back if moisture remains in the affected area. To minimize mold growth, get water damage taken care of immediately.
Water damage can ruin the structure of your home. Water that has gotten inside your walls, ceilings, and floors can lead to much more severe problems. It can destroy drywall, insulation, and electric wiring. It can warp your floorboards. It can soften wood, which is very dangerous for the structural integrity of your home. Because of the poor ventilation in these areas, this water will not dry up on its own, and it will only continue to cause more and more damage the longer it is there. In extreme cases, it can even compromise the safety of your home so much that you will eventually have to vacate it while repairs are being completed.
Peeling, cracked, warped, and discolored paint is a big sign that you have water damage. If you notice this, you should get it taken care of. Painting over the damaged paint will not fix the problem, and you will continue to see the paint get ruined. Before you decide to repaint, you must ensure the water damage is repaired.
Water damage in your walls can affect the electric wiring in your home. If the wiring comes in contact with water, it could cause an electric spark and ignite a fire. Most people do not worry about house fires when they have water damage, but it is a risk you face when water damage is present.
Water damage only gets worse the longer it is left unrepaired. If you experience water damage in your Yakima home, it is best to enlist the help of a professional water damage company. Call Clean Image Services to help you remove the water damage to protect your home from further, more severe damage.